WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

The .tel analysis is clear!

Killing

Warning level : 100 %

The .tel analysis is clear!

Post by Killing on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:55 am

WARNING!
THE FOLLOWING COMMENT REFLECTS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND ILLUSTRATES NO CRITISIM.
BY WRITING IT I TRIED TO BE AS OBJECTIVE AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT ANY BAD INTENTIONS.
I ONLY WANT TO GET A CLEAR PICTURE OF THE SITUATION BY STATING MY THOUGHTS AND SHARING IT WITH LIKE-MINDED PEOPLE.

Here my observations:
I was always very optimistic about this idea of creating a new way to communicate, but until today this hasn't happened.
The pro .tels get very small improvements and important plans have been canceled since years. I like to remind of the roadmap, the missing .tel directory and the upload of pictures directly with the original Telnic control panel.
The registrations for pro .tels are declining strongly and with only 7,000 .tels Telnames was not able to sell a significant number of .tels during the first year.
Telnic responses only to customer questions regarding technical problems, but don’t communicate actively anymore and refuses to answer questions about software requirements and future plans.
I can’t find .tels at important positions in search engines, and I don’t know any other popular place where to find .tels.

My conclusions:
.tel needs innovative projections, but they can’t be expected soon.
I still see the technology of .tel as one of the best internet ideas ever. It only needs to be handled that way.
The current treatment of this idea gives the impression that no cooperation with customers is wanted. In fact customers are banned.

My outlook:
Without the expectation for big changes most registered .tels will be canceled soon, and the last interest for .tel will disappear.
The technology itself and its infrastructure will remain as it is now.
At another time a new management will notice the condition and the shortcomings.
With expanded development, fresh ideas and the right customer approach .tel will become an extraordinary product.
When this will happen depends on the question when the right activities will be started.
With the observations possible today I can assume this won’t be soon.
Moonlight

Re: The .tel analysis is clear!

Post by Moonlight on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:31 am

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

Victor Hugo

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 8:00 am

Killing wrote:With the observations possible today I can assume this won’t be soon.
Wе аrе nеаrеr nоw tо thе yеаr 2016 - thе yеаr оf pоssiblе chаngеs, thеn tо thе yеаr 2009 - thе yеаr оf thе bеginning. Sо, it mаy bе thаt only about of 3-4 yеаrs rеmаinеd tо wаit to the "rediscоvery" оf TEL - аnd it mаy bе cаllеd "sооn".

Killing wrote:Without the expectation for big changes most registered .tels will be canceled soon,
As а rulе with fеw еxcеptiоns, thе rеаl vаluеs hаvе оnly singlе English dictiоnаry wоrds (nоuns). Hоw many of such wоrds dо еxist? Nоt mоrе than sоmе 5,000 - 10,000 units. Most of thе оthеr wоrds аnd wоrd cоmbinаtiоns cоuld bе drоppеd withоut much pаin bеcаusе thеrе аrе big chаncеs thаt it wоuld bе pоssiblе tо rеgistеr thеm lаtеr аgаin.

Sо, in my оpiniоn, tо most of dоmаin invеstоrs thаt pоssiblе drоp will nоt bring аny hаrm, but in cоntrаry, it will mаkе thеir invеstmеnts "hеаlthiеr" аnd lifе еаsiеr.
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 8:50 am

Killing wrote:My conclusions:
.tel needs innovative projections, but they can’t be expected soon.
I still see the technology of .tel as one of the best internet ideas ever. It only needs to be handled that way.
The current treatment of this idea gives the impression that no cooperation with customers is wanted. In fact customers are banned.
@killing - Excellent post, reasoned argument, and fair logical conclusion.

Regarding the bolded comment above, here is a post I made a little while ago which details this crazy situation of alienating customers.

One day (2016 is my calculation) the $35,000,000 shareholder investment is going to run out and customer revenue will be the only way that salaries and expenses can be paid !

mikeseaton wrote:It is blatantly clear that TELNAMES (remember of course it's the same organisation as Telnic) DOES NOT WANT:

1. Domain Investors - please go away (no easy monetisation via AdSense).

2. Software Developers - please go away (no API access).

3. Power Users - please go away (no subdomains).

4. Registrars - please go away (no access to Telnames template).

I cannot think of ANY TLD in the history of the internet that has managed to alienate and ignore the above 4 types of people and succeed - can you ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 3:51 pm

The problem is not telnames not allowing access to XYZ by telnics standards it's that telnames is all that is marketed, when telnames is supposed to be a seprate business from telnic it is making people panic, both should be marketed and telnic was with nice videos but it didn't work so they focus on telnames to make it easer for people to understand it, and maybe later market the other.

I see it like a pair of scales going up and down and right now telnames is going down and telnic up but once telnames has reached what ever goals they had for penetration of what ever market etc they should refocus and pour money and time onto telnic again.

They don't have many employees so that should be taken into consideration, however I can undersand why they don't want developers for telnames aka opening the api as it would confuse customers as telnic did and still does with multiple sites and services, but I can't see why it should take so long to build a control panel framework to embed 3rd party applications, it worked for facebook and it gave people the option of choosing what they wanted to use day to day.

There are many things that can be done like we've seen with the upload of xml to back up and populate a .tel and a 3rd party script running on their servers could do one and the same if there was an internal api, pull data from many services even their own server into the application to feed new images, video links etc from social networks and telnames would not have to do all the work.

You could have a tab for directories that's just a page of tick boxes and nice big app logos of what .tel directory or yell or what ever outside matches the map geo location they entered, so all they need to do is activate the page, perhaps a drop down and tick the boxes they want to be included in, and the script tells your server to do the DNS pull and place the data into your geo .tel directory as a sub domain, have paid and free directories and if we had tel credits those could be credited on confermation.

But I think more like widget applications, or really just small pages that are either forms or tick boxes that keep things so simple but allow the owner to request and send data to your dev servers to do the magic.

Tel could make the control panel take oath of twitter and other services by simply having a widget box for loading those oath pages then save the connection so that other service widget scripts can do bits and pieces without them asking for access every time, a tel could be a grouping of active oath that grants other services access to each by just going through the tel domain login/oath which would cut down on those oath windows to just one which I would prefer than always logging in and out and in and out and with a tool bar for that single passive oath I could simply goto a webpage and click the button and it auto log me into twitter via the tel oath knowing its legit because its listed as a key thingy alternate access.

Anyway either they need to hurry up with extra services and listen to what their customers need beyond "i dont know if this is saved yet" or build an internal api and widget form box so .tel sub directory owners dont leave and can offer directories direct to the customers who said they lived in XYZ.

Because that's more than enough to make owning telnic tels worth it as by putting those .telnames businesses in a number 8 geo directory without you haaving to enter it simplfies complaints downto almost nothing, and if tel adds credits then you get one or more for such a directory that of course would rise in data listing cost if you're marketing it and people are using it to find telnames busineses.

So let me say again simpler, number 8 theme for making GEO sub domain directories that list telnames businesses and match the theme being white, a new section in the telnic control panel to offer your directory to telnames customers, by adding the map location and price of a listing free/paid that should be enough to delay fears of telnic domains being worthless.

Add a new tab in the telnames control panel that shows a list of tick boxes beside your sub domain directory logos, listings under free/paid, start with free then work out how to add paid listings later.

Then telnames control panel tells telnic control panel, customer wants a listing simular to telfriends request, perhapes even taking the code and changing it into this new listings window, either telnic control panel automates the listing and imports the data, or the owner after getting a telfriends style notice of request can go assign them a sub domain via a tick box or the same way telfriends works but assigning a whole subdomain and or when the proxy page loads it pulls the data out of the telname domain DNS and displays it under that subdomain or the data was imported automaticly so it pulls it from the subdomain DNS.

So this whole we need a directory is bollox when you own directories that should be listing the telnames businesses, granting you a credit or two for making sure people use it.
TelBlogger
Insider
Insider

Post by TelBlogger on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 4:55 pm

There are registries that have only a few thousand registered domains. .AG springs to mind (not sure how many registrations). But the common feature of these registries is the high cost of each domain.

But overheads can also be kept to a real minimum - a couple of employees probably. Obviously no development activity goes on because they are full domains and not dns-based.

Last edited by TelBlogger on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boracay

Post by Boracay on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 4:57 pm

You could have a tab for directories that's just a page of tick boxes and nice big app logos of what .tel directory or yell or what ever outside matches the map geo location they entered, so all they need to do is activate the page, perhaps a drop down and tick the boxes they want to be included in, and the script tells your server to do the DNS pull and place the data into your geo .tel directory as a sub domain, have paid and free directories and if we had tel credits those could be credited on confermation.

--------------

Some very good ideas here, PRACTICAL ideas that make so much sense to simply TURN ON

...if you could fine tune this auto-directory inclusion model down to its most simplest and cost effective form, get support from as many directory creators as possible, drop a professionally drafted email to Telnic.

www.boracay.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 1 island resort destination of 2012
www.bali.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 2 island resort destination of 2012

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 6:27 pm