WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)

Poll

how many subdomains do you need ?

[ 4 ]
22% [22%] 
[ 3 ]
17% [17%] 
[ 1 ]
6% [6%] 
[ 4 ]
22% [22%] 
[ 1 ]
6% [6%] 
[ 3 ]
17% [17%] 
[ 2 ]
10% [10%] 

Total Votes: 18
Expert
Insider
Insider

Warning level : 100 %

Re: Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)

Post by Expert on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 11:34 am

maxi wrote:P.S.
I cannot open developing_me at my computer. Is it only my problem?

The service hasn't launched yet.
shahid1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

.tel domain : shahid.tel
Number of .tel domains : 100+
Company : None
Service : Lifetime
Profession : Self Employed
Experience : 18 yrs
Hobbies : Investing, Strategic Planning
Slogan : Be Your Self, Don't lose hope.

Post by shahid1 on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 11:35 am

maxi wrote:P.S.
I cannot open developing_me at my computer. Is it only my problem?
Hello Maxi, 

Sorry that you are unable to load it as the web is not loaded on to it till now on 10th you will be able to see it and sign up accordingly. 

InshaAllah is worth the wait don't worry. 

Thanks
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 11:37 am

Expert wrote:
mikeseaton wrote:I remember a few years back I suggested to Telnic they make Mark Kolb AN OFFER HE COULDN'T REFUSE to buy out his Telmasters tools and incorporate them within the Telnic Control Panel, retaining Mark as a consultant.

Mark's tools have been based on the old, unacceptable TelHosting solution. That wouldn't have brought any benefit.
But Shahid has developed a user-friendly and nice-looking solution. That's much better!

I'm not sure Mark Kolb - or the many who used his very useful Telmasters tools - would agree with you on that !

FYI the suggestion I made to Telnic to buy out Telmasters and incorporate the tools, retaining Mark as a consultant, was made before the launch of the much-improved (in terms of modern presentation) Telnames template.

Who knows where .TEL would be now if Mark Kolb had been retained by Telnic as a consultant for the last few years - but my guess is a lot better place than we are at currently !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Expert
Insider
Insider

Post by Expert on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 11:41 am

maxi wrote:
Expert wrote:
mikeseaton wrote:My guess is Telnic are looking for an EXIT STRATEGY pretty damn quick, perhaps soon after the launch of NEW .TEL ?

I expect the same, but I see nobody crazy enough paying the price desired by Telnic.
Expert, what price they are asking?

Nobody else than them will know.
We can expect that Khashayar Mahdavi intends to get rich with it, since he isn't interested in small sales prices:
http://www.tel.community/t4387-afilias-wants-to-buy-failed-gtld
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 11:55 am

mikeseaton wrote:
silvano wrote:Interesting article.

Afilias wants to buy your failed gTLD

http://domainincite.com/18898-afilias-wants-to-buy-your-failed-gtld

Afilias would be an excellent choice to take over the .tel project !

Here's a post I made a little while ago:

mikeseaton wrote:I think there are a number of factors at play, any one of which (or more likely a combination) could mean that .tel and Telnic part company soon !

1. Telnic running out of money (there are substantial fixed overheads - regardless of domain registration count - in running a domain registry such as staff/office/server costs, ICANN annual fee, compulsory insurance annual fee, etc).

2. Telnic/Telnames running out of staff to deal with necessary maintenance issues e.g. if you want to sell or transfer a Telnames .tel domain you need Telnames involvement in the process, since they have set themselves up as the domain "Admin" contact. BTW this is not an issue with Telnic .tel domains.

3. Telnic's registars getting fed up being denied access to the latest version of .tel which Telnic sell direct to customers (bypassing Telnic's registrars) via their 100% owned subsidiary Telnames. 

4. The 10-year ICANN agreement expiring in 2016 - I doubt if Telnic have the cash to continue but even if they did the grounds for a well-documented objection would be substantial by then.

5. Companies House getting fed up with the cunning move Telnic keeps pulling (reduce ARD by 1 day just before the accounts are due to delay deadline date by a further 3 months).

6. An offer being made for the .tel registry by one of the New gTLD operators.

7. Kash & co. wanting to get on with the rest of their lives.

I'm not worried at all about .tel and Telnic parting company !

ICANN have access to a compulsory insurance policy which will pay for the .tel gTLD running costs whilst a new operator is found.

My guess is that if someone like Afilias takes over the extension will stay as it is i.e. "Data in the DNS".

Where it gets interesting is if a less technically-focussed company is the one with the cash and desire to take over - and faced with that or nothing at all - ICANN may well decide to let .tel be a "normal" extension.

IF - and I stress IF that happens - what price do you think 1-word generic .tels would fetch if they were fully open for development like .coms etc ?

TIME WILL .TEL - BUT IMO NOT LONG TO GO NOW !

@Expert - Thanks for reminding me of the above post I made in July 2015.

Points 1 & 6 could still happen, Point 3 has now been rectified, and "Normal DNS" has now been allowed by ICANN !

Still deciding whether to set up and market the leading 1-word generic I have for sale - FX.tel - as a Telnames template or a normal web site domain on 13 March ?

Last edited by mikeseaton on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 12:32 pm

shahid1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 3:31 pm

mikeseaton wrote:
Expert wrote:Shahid,

Have you contacted Telnic to cooperate with them?
It would be better for all .tel owners if your solution could be offered to all registrants (instead of the five years old Telnames template)!
Unfortunately, Telnic has no development skills. That's why .tel was sleeping for eight years.
Maybe, Telnic could pay you for your service. It should be in their interest!

I remember a few years back I suggested to Telnic they make Mark Kolb AN OFFER HE COULDN'T REFUSE to buy out his Telmasters tools and incorporate them within the Telnic Control Panel, retaining Mark as a consultant.

They just ignored my suggestion, as they have done repeatedly over the years to many other sensible suggestions made by experienced internet marketers and developers !

Since then Telnic has got much smaller - it may be that Kash and Huw Stead are the only 2 left - and Telnic Ltd. were INSOLVENT (as at 31 December 2015) according to the ACCOUNTING definition !

So I think they are probably scrabbling around to find the money for biscuits to go with their coffee, rather than looking to buy out software developments, no matter how attractive.

My guess is Telnic are looking for an EXIT STRATEGY pretty damn quick, perhaps soon after the launch of NEW .TEL ?

If I was Shahid I would target ALL gTLDs rather than just .TEL once my product was fully developed and tested - there is a massive market for site builders, but also of course massive competition.

Best of luck Shahid with your nice-looking software project !

Hello Mike, 
hope you are well, sorry you might be surprised I tried to reply everyone but you as my mobile's battery was running our and also I wanted to reply your message in detail :) 

It's true if they would have accepted Mark's proposal or somewhat considered it that time would have been great but guess what they didn't and things didn't turn out well or the way everyone expected but we all had our failure with .tel but somehow .tel is still addictive as so many people without any value still own them might be they know it might turn into gain or they are as stubborn as telnic to not let go even if it's turning into a disaster

The main issue is we need to build our .tels and try to generate from it which many of us have not done but yet we do complain with our own reasoning but without any content on .tel or any domain, it can never be a success unless one puts efforts themselves.

Developing.me is not for sale because it is a product going to be used for prosperity not for something that is an exit or a buyout plan so let us as a community help each other with suggestions and also any ideas to make it a good product for every

Telnic might be looking for exit but let us show them that if they wish to exit we should cover our losses as well as make our own .tel so well that it could be bought so we all can bail out our losses should we wish if not at least enjoy the fruit of it :) 

Thanks for your suggestions developing.me is not only for .tel I use put .tel forward for now since we are building more templates for traditional websites and we need time so its best to utilize it now with .tel but in future developing.me is going to be offered as both

1) Subdomain ( Anything.Developing.me ) 
2) SubFolders ( Developing.me/Home ) Tradional Websites

We are going to be doing plenty of testing and seeing various issues that might arise in terms of security/backups /  Templates with constant upgrades.

Since I am an accredited registrar for .me now I need my own website builder to out do my competition by offering standard hosting free with .me domains

Thank you for the best wishes it can only get better with your suggestions

Shahid
hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

Post by hulltv on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 3:51 pm

Everybody want to put .tel in a box 
get your hosting wordpress site and away you go.
Telnic have ran out of money unlike Ngtld like .Club..so there stuffed.

And that it!

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 4:16 pm

hulltv wrote:Everybody want to put .tel in a box 
get your hosting wordpress site and away you go.
Telnic have ran out of money unlike Ngtld like .Club..so there stuffed.

And that it!
Hello Hull,

note sure what you mean by that, i think .tel was in a box and it is coming  out of the shell for good. developing.me was and is not compulsory on anyone if you feel  you need to use it well and good if not no issues i am just trying to help the community for good.

as i stated i own some of the best names like the following i am trying to build value for my names thats all.

4wd.tel
abuja.tel
boutique.tel
brandnew.tel
buyscrap.tel
commercial.tel
contractor.tel
dairy.tel
dealers.tel
decor.tel
dev.tel
doha.tel
drew.tel
dxb.tel
equipment.tel
estate.tel
exporter.tel
fashion.tel
fishing.tel
flats.tel
forklift.tel
fortune.tel
freehold.tel
gcc.tel
genuineparts.tel
genuine.tel
giftcards.tel
gifts.tel
hardtop.tel
hardware.tel
hino.tel
hire.tel
hiring.tel
hiv.tel
hub.tel
imperial.tel
imp.tel
inquiry.tel
interactive.tel
investing.tel
japanese.tel
license.tel
listings.tel
logistics.tel
luanda.tel
lube.tel
luxuryapartments.tel
luxurycars.tel
maintenance.tel
marineparts.tel
marine.tel
mechanic.tel
medical.tel
motorcycles.tel
motors.tel
netzone.tel
newparts.tel
offices.tel
oil.tel
pages.tel
paints.tel
partsdealer.tel
pet.tel
pipes.tel
plastic.tel
rank.tel
retailer.tel
rhd.tel
roi.tel
secure.tel
sedan.tel
services.tel
shahid.tel
share.tel
shipment.tel
ships.tel
ship.tel
solicitor.tel
sourcing.tel
spareparts.tel
spares.tel
steel.tel
stewart.tel
supplier.tel
supply.tel
towing.tel
trading.tel
transport.tel
truckparts.tel
trucks.tel
truck.tel
tuna.tel
usedcars.tel
usedparts.tel
usedvehicles.tel
vehicles.tel
vintage.tel
woods.tel
works.tel
worldwide.tel
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 5:21 pm

Hi Shahid,

Some great domain names there - I wonder what the value of your keyword domains will be IF/WHEN it becomes general knowledge that .TEL is available for "Normal DNS" from 13 March 2017 ?

Be sure to let the forum know of any that you build out with Developing.me !

It really does feel like the beginning of a new chapter for .TEL - maybe those of us who have stuck with.TEL will finally get rewarded for our persistence in the face of adversity ?

shahid1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 6:23 pm

mikeseaton wrote:Hi Shahid,

Some great domain names there - I wonder what the value of your keyword domains will be IF/WHEN it becomes general knowledge that .TEL is available for "Normal DNS" from 13 March 2017 ?

Be sure to let the forum know of any that you build out with Developing.me !

It really does feel like the beginning of a new chapter for .TEL - maybe those of us who have stuck with.TEL will finally get rewarded for our persistence in the face of adversity ?

Hello Mike, 

Thank you for kindness, it was just to share with hull to give him an idea my main aim is not to sell the product and run but I am one of those many people wanting to gain something out of this in long run. 

Yes the domains are no doubt great and it's hard to believe I own them lol but eventually it will pay off because we have all waited to much and hopefully people will see the value in it not because of just being able to be hosted but the way of templates and simplicity yet interactive. 

The value of domains can never be judged " beauty lies in the eyes of beholder" 

But normally as stocks domains are also valuable based on keyword and also the amount of money it makes X by 20 years again this is how stock market reacts :) 

But I think there is no value for domains until you have a seller wanting to buy your site or just the domain name. 

InshaAllah many people that know me since the good old days of they still own dottel will start using this sooner or later and will be happy we will have adsense and also make in future a parking system to pay you instantly rather then waiting in adsense but again these are complex things we really have to look into it in order to be legitimate as well as accurate. 

Thanks 

Shahid
hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

Post by hulltv on Sun 05 Mar 2017, 2:54 am

I may be wrong after all I am only asking questions...I see problem me myself I include in this...

handful of domainers hold far to many premium names

this can cause problem long term if there not enough domains developed with people original ideas.

I count myself in this .

I have names like

Apps.tel
boat.tel
plane.tel
company.tel
virtual.tel
rip.tel
girl.tel
salon.tel
review.tel

to name a few from 150

Spot on!

Post by Blunderer on Sun 05 Mar 2017, 6:17 am

hulltv wrote:I may be wrong after all I am only asking questions...I see problem me myself I include in this...

this can cause problem long term if there not enough domains developed with people original ideas.

I count myself in this .

I have names like

Apps.tel
boat.tel
plane.tel
company.tel
virtual.tel
rip.tel
girl.tel
salon.tel
review.tel

to name a few from 150

Now there, you have hit the nail on the head. Not enough ordinary .tel domains being sold, and facilitating the construction of directories on the premium geo/generic domains already held will not resolve this. A vehicle to enable and promote the sale of more .tel domains needs to be found.

This is where the words of Baloo the bear come to mind "look for the bear necessities".

Telnic are about to retire the Telpages.com search engine. Why? The new one page sites have no in-built search function but, if Telpages was re-purposed to search only the one page sites then, with or without a VAR account, we could be selling one page sites (instead of sub domain listings) to customers and enabling them to be found through our geo/generic sites. Simple.

Here's what I mean  Mingulay.tel

Just a quick example, and Telpages.com could do with a bit of a tidy-up in terms of visual appeal but, the function exists so why get rid of it?

If you think Telpages.com should be retained and re-purposed to search the new one page sites then please tell Telnic.

In any event, this is our last chance to generate some value in our domain holdings so - get rid of the free listings, sell someone a display and, if you can't sell it yourself, licence it to someone who can. Real content in a stronger TLD should be the objective.
shahid1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sun 05 Mar 2017, 7:14 am

hulltv wrote:I may be wrong after all I am only asking questions...I see problem me myself I include in this...

I count myself in this .

I have names like

Apps.tel
boat.tel
plane.tel
company.tel
virtual.tel
rip.tel
girl.tel
salon.tel
review.tel

to name a few from 150

yes no doubt it can cause a big problem if people do not develop thats why i am saying telnic did what it did but we need to change our track and build our .tel in a way that it can support it'se self .

you have some nice domains i like

Company.tel if you ever plan to dispose it ( i am the buyer if it is reasonable pm me) 

Thanks

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Sun 05 Mar 2017, 7:57 am

hulltv wrote:I see problem me myself I include in this...

I think that if these people with original ideas are serious people then they could freely buy domain which they need for their project. If they are not serious, then they could choose a domain from many still free TEL domains.

I think there is only about 3000 TELs which are valuable now and could be valuable in the next 10-15 years. And there are no more of them than these 3000 pcs. So it is only a drop in the currently registered number of TELs.
Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Sun 05 Mar 2017, 9:03 am

shahid1 wrote:... we need to change our track and build our .tel in a way that it can support it'se self .

From 13th March, Telnic is giving the incentive to build only one-pagers with the Telnames template, because Telhosting is the fastest access for registrants of .tel domains.
I'm not so sure if websites with only up to 20 contact entries are good enough to reach a wider audience for .tel domains.
shahid1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sun 05 Mar 2017, 3:57 pm

Sunrise wrote:
shahid1 wrote:... we need to change our track and build our .tel in a way that it can support it'se self .

From 13th March, Telnic is giving the incentive to build only one-pagers with the Telnames template, because Telhosting is the fastest access for registrants of .tel domains.
I'm not so sure if websites with only up to 20 contact entries are good enough to reach a wider audience for .tel domains.

With what was said might have past / present / future options 

Past what have you built tel with in the past as the subdomains was available? 

Present where does your dottel stand now and even if they change how can it effect you if nothing has been done to it. 

Future, take a backup of your xml files hire a developer or use anything that might help you to get your directory back. 

The problem I see here is not only with tel but us complaining yet we don't wish to do anything to improve it Yes there is no doubt it can't reach greater audience but did we even built our tels to attract anyone? 

Anyways let's hope for best one we launch use our services for free if you like it keep it if you don't then then my sincere apology to you. 

Thanks

Post by 4444 on Sun 05 Mar 2017, 4:01 pm

@shahid1

I'm looking forward to seeing your service live.
shahid1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sun 05 Mar 2017, 4:06 pm

@4444 InshaAllah me to :) 

The best thing is is free to try for a month or more so you can get used to it and even test is limits to understand if that's is what you really need or even need changes in them. 

By 8th-9th evening I will be able to give more updates on it if we can start using it on normal tlds for testing so one understands how it will look even on tel one the name servers are changed.
shahid1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 3:10 pm

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are well and things are going well. just wanted to give you an update on the work we are/were doing and also to keep you as excited as we are.

what you saw in pictures is what you can see online now, note some of the pages are not / might not look so responsive because we are not 100% done but there are minor things that can be taken care of.

Do check the following pages I have made as the demo to share with you all.

This is roughly going to be our home page http://home.developing.me/
This is going to be our / your own dashboard http://dashboard.developing.me/
The Control Panel is something that has a nice look http://cp.developing.me/
A Demo Domain that we created out of our Control Panel using 1 template http://domain.developing.me/

Please note this is just to give you more excitement down the road and also make sure you see we are working very hard always there are suggestions and comments appreciated since this is people's product, not company's.

We are working on various templates that enable 
*blogging right from your control panel, 
*we are working on email Alias should you wish to use yours
*we are working on email creation that you can use .tel as your very own email 
*we are working on making a community those who use our service can vote on things they need and we implement it for free as you already are a paid member but some options would not be available to standard users.

but all these things are down the line.

also, we noted that giving unlimited subdomains will not be possible or make it fair usage policy so we will limit it to 5,000 - 10,000 and if required we will a lot it accordingly 

Since a lot of interest is coming for 

5 Sub Domains
100 Sub Domains
1000 Sub Domains 
Undecided( 5,000-10,000 ) 

also, it would be best to price everything based on each domain then set of domains that way you are priced fairly upon usage rather then getting more sub and not using it, once can always downgrade or upgrade according to requirement.

Hope you all like it.. we look for your feedback.

Thanks

Shahid
ixida

Post by ixida on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 3:39 pm

Very nice results; your service looks very professional!
Ann Mike Matthews

Post by Ann Mike Matthews on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:58 pm

so does this work on the dns?
shahid1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:06 pm

ixida wrote:Very nice results; your service looks very professional!

Thanks, glad you like it we are waiting for more feedback as well :) 

Ann Mike Matthews wrote:so does this work on the dns?

No this does not work on DNS it works on normal servers but it is designed in such a way that is flawless as well as Fast in response.
shahid1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:53 pm

Hello Everyone,

would be happy to get more feedback since i shared the link.

Thanks

Shahid
MWX

Post by MWX on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 1:02 pm

Shahid,

Your service looks like a well-established website builder. It should be able to compete with many other providers.

Main problem will be to become popular because of the high number of other services in this area.
Registrars will see you as a competitor, too.

An issue is the missing relation to .tel. What's the benefit to use your solution on a .tel while it's possible to do the same on any domain?

However, the result of your work is impressive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 4:40 pm