WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)

Poll

how many subdomains do you need ?

[ 4 ]
22% [22%] 
[ 3 ]
17% [17%] 
[ 1 ]
6% [6%] 
[ 4 ]
22% [22%] 
[ 1 ]
6% [6%] 
[ 3 ]
17% [17%] 
[ 2 ]
10% [10%] 

Total Votes: 18
shahid1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

.tel domain : shahid.tel
Number of .tel domains : 100+
Company : None
Service : Lifetime
Profession : Self Employed
Experience : 18 yrs
Hobbies : Investing, Strategic Planning
Slogan : Be Your Self, Don't lose hope.
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Developing.me/ Developing.tel is coming soon :)

Post by shahid1 on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 2:39 pm

MWX wrote:Shahid,

Your service looks like a well-established website builder. It should be able to compete with many other providers.

Main problem will be to become popular because of the high number of other services in this area.
Registrars will see you as a competitor, too.

An issue is the missing relation to .tel. What's the benefit to use your solution on a .tel while it's possible to do the same on any domain?

However, the result of your work is impressive.
Hello 

Thank you for your review I am glad you like it, it's always good receive reviews in order to improve our self even before launching that way everyone is happy. 

Our target is to compete with many other registrar and websites builders and I understand the level of competition but technologies are built for solutions, in our case it would be the most easiest, intuitive and cheapest website builders in market that not only wants numbers but happy customers using it.  most of the  proceeds from it goes back into making it more and more robust and available in almost any environment one wishes to use it for. 

We are going to have 2 phases as described earlier so this one is for the subdomain and it can only get better with time having all the elements to make your website in mins. 

Since dottel was the only tld that's started the subdomain culture initially we want to use it on that and let people have the feel of it that's all is not compulsory on anyone if they feel they need it they just it. It's better than nothing and it's better then hiring a developer and it can't get any better if you get a few pages for less than 5-10$ a yr including web hosting and support and many features that one wishes to have in their websites but scares some with the cost of it. 

Imagine having your own blog and running it directly from the panel you saw more over if things go well we will launch apps as well to keep you steady on the go. 

Thanks for liking the work if you have any suggestions we are always looking to hear from you here or on info at developing.me 

Shahid

Last edited by shahid1 on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Artaban
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

.tel domain : Industria.tel
Zodiac : Taurus Chinese zodiac : Goat

Post by Artaban on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 4:24 pm

The best thing about your proposal for .tel domains is that it is close to the original concept of these, and is even better.
Continue with your project and polish the details.
Finally, if the servers are powerful and stable (something very important), there is no doubt that many people will be motivated to use your services.
By the way, I see it is very different from the rest of "websites builders". I do not think that you find a real competition for your proposal.
Thank you very much for this excellent initiative!

Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 4:55 pm

Dear Artaban,

Thank you for your kind thoughts on this. yes, we kept it similar so people who complained about options that were needed or more design usage/templates so we have tried to even make it better might take slight time but it will be the idea with the same thing that was being followed but with much more to offer.

We use a powerful Dedicated server as of now but once people start using it we will have over 3 servers 256GB ram each with 20 Cores each and mirror it accordingly and get Cloudfare to prevent it from DDOS attacks as well as limiting the resources to each website so everything runs smoothly.

we will have regular backups ( daily, weekly, monthly and one can retrieve their backups )

we want to win people's trust to make this product as powerful and interactive as possible, i do think we will get competitions if not now maybe in future but with so much offering and bringing regular updates, we might out do any1.

you are most welcome and any feedback again is highly appricaited to improve ourself and if there is anything else you would need to see in the start it is always welcome so we can work on it.

Thanks
Blunderer

how many subdomains do you need ?

Post by Blunderer on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 5:10 pm

Hi Shahid,

In answer to your question, I think 6,000 sub domains would be a minimum requirement for a meaningful business directory in a city of up to 500,000 population.

About 2,000 sub and sub-sub domains are required for the structure. That would leave 4,000 for a worthwhile spread of service providers - the advertisers. There is nothing worse than a directory that has too few categories, and too few listings (choices) in those categories. 8,000 would enable a realistic target of 6,000 advertisers and, with a very active salesperson, 10,000 sub directories would probably be the maximum.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about this subject - nine years, in fact, and have puzzled how to make something worthwhile fit around Telnic's 3,000 limit. I have a site that I have been using to experiment with, which will give you an idea of the basis of my comment Quicknet 

One thing is certain, people like the way my/.tel sites operate - scroll and click, without the need to type a search term in. Only a sub directory structure enables this, and Telnic's 3,000 limit was a constraint for a town of any bigger than 20,000 people.

On a different but related subject, could I also say that whilst a username and password will obviously be required to your system for the purpose of domain registration and the creation and setting of template structure and design, standing content, etc., I think it will be essential to provide for a different username and password entry before the template can be populated with (using the example above) business listing details. This will allow the domain owner to delegate the task of populating the business listings, whilst not allowing access to the domain registration or template/standing content (like the CTH function).
Artaban
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Artaban on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 6:01 pm

Thankyou Shahid.

I agree with Blunderer on this:

An optimal range for the number of subdomains in some commercial directories could be between 5.000 and 10.000.

Other types of directories, may require a smaller or much smaller number of subdomains.

Advanced Member

Post by Artaban on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 12:46 pm

Certainly, it's very important (and an empowering tool) that the owner and admin of the .tel website and domain, has the possibility to create individual user names and passwords for the subdomains/profile spaces that he is leasing.

This way, each member of the directory has the responsability for the published content inside his/her page, and can edit/change/update the content whenever he/she wants.

Other model for the .tel directory is to be a directory of .tel contact pages. So, each included entity in the directory has registered it's own .tel domain and work with it. I see it like a nice and wonderful concept. Even in that case, you can charge (a small fee) the user to be in your directory, and you can also sell the .tel domain, may be with an affiliate link to any registrar.

Directories need to be profitable.

Edited:

Not any doubt that we could begin with a simplest version. But the advanced versions for the development of these directories could be desired.

Greetings.

Warning level : 75 %

Post by hulltv on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 3:14 pm

Google killed directories long ago.

Post by Blunderer on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 3:45 pm

hulltv wrote:Google killed directories long ago.

No, Google killed bulk populated and free listing directories. It gathers them all together and dumps them in a heap at the foot of the person searching. There's a living to be made if you put the effort in and get personal with the locals.
hulltv

Post by hulltv on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 3:50 pm

everything I search for these day is at the side of google listing.
and google scraping content from website and placing this on the top search is killing websites as well.
in fact apart from a few forums and amazon I find no need to visit any websites anymore.
it even scraps content for "how to boil a egg"

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Artaban on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 3:58 pm

The world needs a really big number of professional and serious directories and contact sites working in internet.

Post by hulltv on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 4:14 pm

The world needs a really big number of professional and serious directories and contact sites working in internet.????????????????????????????????

if your looking for something  google it

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Artaban on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 9:09 am

It's time to build a not Google depending internet (that also helps the performance of Google! :-)).

Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 4:33 pm

Blunderer wrote:Hi Shahid,

In answer to your question, I think 6,000 sub domains would be a minimum requirement for a meaningful business directory in a city of up to 500,000 population.

About 2,000 sub and sub-sub domains are required for the structure. That would leave 4,000 for a worthwhile spread of service providers - the advertisers. There is nothing worse than a directory that has too few categories, and too few listings (choices) in those categories. 8,000 would enable a realistic target of 6,000 advertisers and, with a very active salesperson, 10,000 sub directories would probably be the maximum.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about this subject - nine years, in fact, and have puzzled how to make something worthwhile fit around Telnic's 3,000 limit. I have a site that I have been using to experiment with, which will give you an idea of the basis of my comment Quicknet 

One thing is certain, people like the way my/.tel sites operate - scroll and click, without the need to type a search term in. Only a sub directory structure enables this, and Telnic's 3,000 limit was a constraint for a town of any bigger than 20,000 people.

On a different but related subject, could I also say that whilst a username and password will obviously be required to your system for the purpose of domain registration and the creation and setting of template structure and design, standing content, etc., I think it will be essential to provide for a different username and password entry before the template can be populated with (using the example above) business listing details. This will allow the domain owner to delegate the task of populating the business listings, whilst not allowing access to the domain registration or template/standing content (like the CTH function).

Hello Blunder, 

Thank you for your message, yes that’s great I will certainly look for an option that we can keep it from 5000-10,000 Subdomains for directories and call them a directory related package that not only gives you just subdomains but an ability to have your own dedicated IP as well as well helps you more with SEO compatibility.

Yes the domain you shared was really great and we are trying our best to make it good but it needs time we have been late on getting this going but trust me it will be the best service for anyone out there since it does not require any programming skills just a login and password and everything is a plain a filling a form or the previous telhosting platform you had.

we will try to keep the click on click structure so it can certainly help and make it more easy for people to run directories and also make a search box for directories in the template that can find anything in the domain.

Than you for suggesting this we might make a structure very soon that give you a user name and password for you to make and alter anything but also since each subdomain is also having as much as control as main so we can try to add sub users where you can allot them a subdomain/subdomains so they can fill any information on your behalf/ their behalf as customer and can publish and unpublish any the link accordingly since each subdomain even contains the design so they would be able to do as much as you would be able to do on any subdomain its just that specific subdomain will be in their control while entering it, but then again making all these features need time and money being spent so I hope anyone wanting such features will be willing to pay extra to cover the over all costs.

Thanks

Artaban wrote:Thankyou Shahid.

I agree with Blunderer on this:

An optimal range for the number of subdomains in some commercial directories could be between 5.000 and 10.000.

Other types of directories, may require a smaller or much smaller number of subdomains.

We will make it a commercial package while putting all the features as requested but we will need a little time for this to make sure it is as likable and useful as we make it. 

Artaban wrote:Certainly, it's very important (and an empowering tool) that the owner and admin of the .tel website and domain, has the possibility to create individual user names and passwords for the subdomains/profile spaces that he is leasing.

This way, each member of the directory has the responsability for the published content inside his/her page, and can edit/change/update the content whenever he/she wants.

Other model for the .tel directory is to be a directory of .tel contact pages. So, each included entity in the directory has registered it's own .tel domain and work with it. I see it like a nice and wonderful concept. Even in that case, you can charge (a small fee) the user to be in your directory, and you can also sell the .tel domain, may be with an affiliate link to any registrar.

Directories need to be profitable.

Edited:

Not any doubt that we could begin with a simplest version. But the advanced versions for the development of these directories could be desired.

Greetings.

Dear Artaban,

Thank you for your suggestion we will certainly work on this and make sure there are 2 logins 

1. Login 
  2. Client Login

or

1. Client Login
  2. Sub Domain Client Login

as you have requested this we will try to implement it very soon give us 20-30 days and you will see this option there right now we are running short of development and hopefully by Tuesday/Wednesday i will be able to give a free signup of Developing.me and start using it since we have not worked on the billing aspect and we were busy with development it is going to be free for 2 months so you can use it and enjoy using it and help us make it better for you.

Thanks

Shahid
shahid1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 4:37 pm

Hello Everyone, 

I have been quite because I have been busy with some other work, just to let you all know we are doing our best but due to some holidays and delay in development, we will be able to let you all signup by Wednesday if possible on Tuesday so you can start testing our service for free.

moreover take backups singularly as well as jointly 

Singly = separate backup for each domain 
Jointly = together for all domains 

What we are building is a way that you can import your existing XML file to our system that will automatically convert it to our system and make your subdomains and everything the way it was in .tel it is an approach so we are doing our best we can't make it perfect but we can make it better than not having anything at all

help us and we will do ur best to help you in return.

Thanks

Shahid
shahid1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:02 am

Hello everyone, 

Just to let you all know you can sign up to www.developing.me and add your domains and see the way it works and how it can be published and unpublished. As well as we all the buttons and functionality in it. If you feel there is something missing or needs improvement let us know. 

More we can't run it on your website now as we are fixing the dns for developing.me so it doesn't have any issues but if you create a domain and enter full the information to either created

I created one for me (Shahid.me)

http://developing.me/profile/shahid-me# 

If really looks nice.. Let me know what you all think
hulltv

Post by hulltv on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:01 am

so is it working on the dns ?
or like normal  wordpress

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:07 am

hulltv wrote:so is it working on the dns ?
or like normal  wordpress

Is going to work but we couldn't launch it as expected it needs to much work so we just want to give your a demo that how you can create it hopefully by Wednesday it would start worrying with our dns and everything should be smooth
hulltv

Post by hulltv on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:40 am

Shahid why you still have interest in dot TEL ?

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:57 am

hulltv wrote:Shahid why you still have interest in dot TEL ?

i think .tel is nice and i have made money from it by selling as well as building directories to get me leads to my main business
hulltv

Post by hulltv on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 12:27 pm

I see so the idea of your .tel website builder is for leads to your main business good idea.

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 12:43 pm

hulltv wrote:I see so the idea of your .tel website builder is for leads to your main business good idea.

my main reason to build the website builder is to take advantage since .tel is going to close tel hosting moreover it helps me with my own registrar of .me as well as 

spare parts.tel is active we will run that with developing.me
hulltv

Post by hulltv on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 1:13 pm

and people find parts for there cars on the site?

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 1:20 pm

With help of spareparts.tel I have made a more advanced website 

Www.Spareparts.me
hulltv

Post by hulltv on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 1:28 pm

yes best way to do it build a site on wordpress with own hosting and not bother with .Tel
TEL can only help Fred Flintstone find parts for his car.

Strange you build .tel website builder when you do more advanced website on .me

hope others do the same.

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by shahid1 on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 2:08 pm

hulltv wrote:yes best way to do it build a site on wordpress with own hosting and not bother with .Tel
TEL can only help Fred Flintstone find parts for his car.

Strange you build .tel website builder when you do more advanced website on .me

hope others do the same.
Hello, 

Thank you for your compliment but y need to know spareparts.me was built with help of financing that came from spareparts.tel in terms of leads 

I would still use tel to get me traffic

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 23 Nov 2017, 8:09 am