WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

For those still unsure about "What is a .tel ?"

mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

For those still unsure about "What is a .tel ?"

Post by mikeseaton on Sun 09 Dec 2012, 8:34 am

Here's the definitive answer !

If you still think there is a realistic future for Telnic subdomain .tels then why not contact the boss (of both Telnic & Telnames) at Kash.tel for clarification ?

If .tel is to have any future at all then it's time we got real and started singing from the same hymn sheet !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

PS. Switching from Telnic subdomain .tels to Telnames single-page .tels is causing me as much hassle as anyone else, probably more, but I try to be pragmatic in business !

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Re: For those still unsure about "What is a .tel ?"

Post by fustachio.tel on Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:54 am

I'm somewhat on the same page but well recently I regressed into thinking about sub domains again because what I realize is while telnames is adverted as everything I need and nothing I don't, It's not going to be fully enough because I need to be able to share new / old content beyond one FTP link and that's because I don't believe people will browse an FTP folder link if I just have one link to it and I find Google won't index it to a large degree, but I need to link to it as that's supposed to be all I need.
-
I don't want to go back to blogging and having another website and all that trash as that really does waste my time, and frankly adding one or more FTP links on one page don't cut it for me as it makes my telname ugly and uses up links I need for something else, so I offloaded them to the other telnic sub domain proxy.
-
A public FTP is somewhat like the DNS proxy where data(links,txt) aka folders can be themed by the web "client" viewing it, so wheres the extension on "theming" FTP data via a dot tel?, the map section and video section in a sense is a "theming" of external data, that allows roaming content within box constraints so theres less need to go to another webpage.
-
So again wheres the FTP "section", a link don't cut it, I need to be able to enter a base FTP link and have what ever data is in it themed in a box maybe? or presented as phantom sub pages, aka just something that allows browsing of an entire FTP folder system via a single telnames page, then along side that it auto updating my pictures/gallery from FTP stored data pulled from new time stamps it will be everything I need and nothing I don't.
-

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Sun 09 Dec 2012, 12:00 pm

mikeseaton wrote:If you still think there is a realistic future for Telnic subdomain .tels then why not contact the boss (of both Telnic & Telnames) at Kash.tel for clarification ?
I think that it all was already clarified some time ago:
Natal wrote:http://www.teltalk.org/t714p8-telnames-is-very-self-confident#4105

That's the reason why Telnic has come up with Telnames.

When .tel came out a few years ago, Telnic tried everything to sell .tels to domain investors.

Very soon Telnic found out domain investors are very difficult and demanding customers. In the beginning Telnic tried to please them as example by integrating Google ads, but domain investors have continued to complain; and it was even more difficult to convince more of them to buy .tels.

That, my friends, is the reason why Telnic doesn't support you at the moment.

Telnic started a complete new concept with Telnames which was not supposed for domain investors (no ads, no sub domains), but with the essential meaning for communication: connecting people quickly!

And Telnic is doing it right.

With Telnames they gain a lot of satisfied customers who appreciate this meaningful product. Only during the last months more .tel owners are using their .tel actively at Telnames than all the .tels from Telnic together, because the customers at Telnames are really using their domains.

Instead domain investors are only waiting for a good time to sell their .tels later - mostly without spending any effort such as developing their .tels.

.tel is reaching small businesses with Telnames now and these are the customers that are useful for showing the benefit of .tel.

Do you understand now why Telnic is only busy with Telnames and has currently no motivation to spend a lot of energy for Telnic's customers?

Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Sun 09 Dec 2012, 4:04 pm

Mike asked a very impotant question.
We have to accept the fact that .tel is only an idea about a future vision.
And this vision is not visible yet, because .tel still learns to walk.
We've seen a lot of ideas how to promote .tel: as virtual business card, as single point of contact, as replacement for Yellow Pages and as fast dialing solution.
The idea currently promoted with Telnames is as mobile website.
But as you can see easily from the acceptance by customers .tel isn't ready yet.
Telnic has shown by their continuance in inactivity that they are not able to bring .tel to a bigger number of customers.
Therefore the future for .tel can't be described today and it won't come from Telnic.
Instead awareness, significant development and a clear picture what .tel could become can come only by a more important company like Google who perhaps will decide to use the DNS and integrate it into their systems.
Until then we've to live with declining interest in .tel - as example proven by declining registration numbers, leaving of more developers and complete inactivity at Telnic's forum.
The good news is: the use of the DNS is a real great idea - and it could happen any day that an important company could decide to integrate .tel.
In that case we would see what .tel really is: a replacement for phone numbers. This could happen in years, in a few months or perhaps tomorrow!
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 8:14 am

Sunrise wrote:The good news is: the use of the DNS is a real great idea....
Just wondering - but is .tel using the DNS for data storage an exclusive agreement with ICANN (and if so is it legally binding forever) - that prevents any one of the 1000+ new gTLDs from doing exactly the same ?

If the answer to either of the above questions is NO, then Telnic/Telnames had better get a move on to achieve the essential "critical mass" necessary for the Telcos etc. to start becoming interested in using the.tel DNS data for new services !

Software development aimed specifically at the 1000+ new gTLDs will soon start hotting up - I've already planned a service to co-incide with the launch of these new extensions and no doubt many other software developers are also doing the same.

The .tel extension needs to grab everyone's attention WORLDWIDE NOW !

Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 4:30 pm

@mike

Of course Telnic has no exclusive agreement and every new nTLD could use the DNS, but how high is the probability anyone would be interested since with .tel the only existing DNS solution is not performing well until today?
Perhaps the DNS will get an important role in the future. In that case wouldn't make it sense to use the existing infrastructure from .tel?
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 6:13 pm

Sunrise wrote:Of course Telnic has no exclusive agreement and every new nTLD could use the DNS...
If that really IS the case then .tel's DNS "First Mover Advantage" could be under threat !

I don't have the time to check out all the legalese between ICANN and Telnic - but I do know it took many years for ICANN to approve Telnic's application and I believe some of this delay was down to the use of the DNS by Telnic.- which would imply a new gTLD would not automatically have the same rights to use the DNS as Telnic have negotiated ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 11 Dec 2017, 12:11 pm