WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Some hints on how to invest in .tel domains?

FrankW.

Warning level : 100 %

Some hints on how to invest in .tel domains?

Post by FrankW. on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 2:34 pm

I found this: http://forum.dotsauce.com/66142/some-hints-on-how-to-invest-in-tel-domains-which-domain-names-are-better-three-letter-domains-are/

Some hints on how to invest in .tel domains? Which domain names are better? Three-letter domains are worth something? I saw some past sales such as pay.tel @ 5000$. So I was wondering if it is better a generic dictionary name, of numberic numbers domain. Anyone any hints? Thanks in advance for any reply

Asked by Diablo

--------------------

Some of the best .Tel domains are certainly on the site

www.telplatform.com/englishwelcome

at very nice prices.

You must choose short and relevant domains and be ready to wait a couple of years till .TEL domains become better known.

To choose, follow your instinct.

by Den

--------------------

Your point is to buy a .TEL domain in order to resell it with some benefit isn't it ? Then you could choose a domain with commercial value such as pay, cars, ads, or sport value, technical value or friendship / love / dating value. Too short .TEL domains (two letters) is not so good because they are not clickable (people have to type them in their address bar). But nobody can really say when and why a domain will sell to an end user. As for me I was very surprised to sell during the 6 last months two .Tel which were not that relevant. The very best .TEL have been registered at the very beginning of the landrush period and the domainers have already paid $350 EACH for that kind of registration. So don't expect to pay under $1000 for one of them. Den

by Den

--------------------

Thx Den for the great answer, I just wanted to know the average value of .tel domains. I saw past sales and they all where in the range 0-5000$ (also premium domain names such as pay.tel). As long as the registry says there are about 300.000 domain names registered I think it will be very hard to find something available. What about other languages premium word? Do you know the situation about them? Thx in advance

by Diablo

--------------------

About the average value of .TEL domains I would say : Between $0 and $5000 is right. For a very good short commercial name such as pay.tel, 5000 seems ok. This year I would not pay over $400 for a very good one word domain and not over $1500 for a premium. But .TEL is like a young wine : It is not yet mature and it might take 2 to 5 years before it is mature and my idea is that prices should go up. All the best .TEL domains are taken and there is a beginning of a second market. Remember that it took years before people understood that there was a market in the .com domains in the 80's! My idea is that .TEL may "make its time in the wilderness" next year before a second growth in 2012. Year 2011 might be the year to invest. About the other languages (than English), I have some in French, two in Russian such as "Bank" and "Credit", one in Japanese : "Restaurant", and I would say it is a good idea to register premium one word .TELs in Italian for example. BUT BUY PREMIUM ONLY, don't waste your money (in 2011) with 2 words or average domains. Rather buy few but premium and think that you might have to renew them 3 to 5 times before you sell them. Den

by Den

--------------------

Hi Den, this was one of the most clear and exhaustive explanation. Of course I think that only premium domain names are worth something especially in these minor TLDs. I'm watching to the .tel drops day by day and I see very non-sense two-three word domain out there. Also hyphenated domains are frequent. To tell the truth I think there are great names available at this time, maybe as you say it's time to invest in some premium (also non english) and keep in mind that it will take probably 3-5 years to make the deal! Thank you very much for your time, I've appreciate it

by Diablo

--------------------

Names in foreign languages are fine, but names in the "international language" or common to two languages are better, especially is they bear a high commercial value, such as pizza, s.x, cycles, phone, credit and some more... Den

by Den
Tely

Warning level : 100 %

Re: Some hints on how to invest in .tel domains?

Post by Tely on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 4:16 pm

Some more reading about the question "Is a Dot Tel Worth the Hype?": http://www.randydueck.com/is-a-dot-tel-worth-the-hype/

Current date/time is Thu 23 Nov 2017, 8:15 am